June 11, 2008

Celebrities Sighted

Yesterday, we worked at the Public Television Studios downtown, where we had the honor of serving legendary actor Rita Moreno (Anita from West Side Story)! She also won an Emmy for guest starring on The Muppet Show. I was told later that night that Tony from West Side Story (Richard Beymer) was Benjamin Horne in Twin Peaks, & his fellow Jet, Riff (Russ Tamblyn), played Dr Lawrence Jacoby. Incredible. Here's Rita Moreno's signature song, almost fifty years ago:



My temp job last Saturday was at the Golden Gate Fields race track, where I was payed full time to stand there & watch the races & do little else. The Temp company manager was there & the e-mail I received the next day is a classic:


from__________ ____@tempcompany.company
to_@itwaslost.org
dateTue, Jun 10, 2008 at 2:02 PM
subjectBelt


Hi James,

Just a reminder about uniform standards-

Your belt should be black leather with a very modest belt buckle.

It should not have any ornamentations on it. Please do not wear large or flashy buckles on assignments.

GGF seem to be okay with it, but not all clients are so easy going.
I sincerely appreciate all of your hard work.

My best,
_______


In related sitings, I saw composer John Adams next to me in the soup aisle in Whole Foods. I wanted to tell him about the time he lifted my friend Mrs Smith into the air when he found out she had conquered his infamously difficult drum-set part in "Chamber Symphony", but I had a torrential head-ache (from giving up coffee mixed with the "Sex in the City" movie), & I generally don't like to bother my idols in the supermarket.

No comments: