September 09, 2010

Department of Corn Liquor: "Old Corn Liquor"



That's someone named Bob Carlin playing the traditional banjo tune "Old Corn Liquor," which appears in the classic Joe & Odell Thompson version on my mix "How to Make Corn Liquor" at 3:31 in.

Speaking of which, I'm working on a How to Make Corn Liquor SONGBOOK, with chords & lyrics to all the songs in the mix & beyond the infinite- it's still a work-in-progress, & not quite ready to be formally unveiled, but here's a sneak peak at the ever-expanding Google Document, which can be used while it's still being tinkered. The handy-to-remember short link is http://bit.ly/CornLiquor (case sensitive.) I also need help with some things, like transcribing lyrics, like for instance the slightly gibberishy "Between Some Women & Corn Liquor" I posted a few days ago. I noticed Byron Walker also has another great boozey song on YouTube, called "Weed Never Did Me Like the Whiskey."


No comments: