April 12, 2011

New Song: "My Space"

Here's a demo recording a brand spanking new song called "My Space," to play with The Manna Tease. It's a song about how everybody used to be in my space, but now nobody is in my space.




That demo is in E, but here are the lyrics & chords in D (as I've been practicing with The Manna Tease.) That demo mp3 is available here. Friends Around the Campfire is on facebook here.

My Space

D emin7/C# bmin A
A drowsy tremor runs thru the rushes,
D emin7/C# bmin A F#7
Pan awakens & spring- time blushes.
bmin Gmaj7 A F#7
Curse the morn, & curse the fully employed.
bmin Gmaj7 A
I’m weary & worn, I’m lonesome... & annoyed.

B7 emin emin/D

Everybody was in my space.

C#7 f#min f#min/E

Now nobody is in my space.

D7 G G/F#

I pity the whole space race.

emin bmin

The times have been fun,

A D

But now I’m alone.


There is always space for beauty.
I’m amazed at our nation's natural piety.
The throstle cock finds room for another song:
My friends are gone, but that throstle cock will sing along.

Everybody was in my space, &c...

My face in profile, my followers offended,
I loved your style before I was unfriended.
Close my eyes, but leave open my air quotes.
I'll plagiarize from Florence Earle Coates.

Everybody was in my space, &c...


[final chorus] The times have been fun,

But now it is done.


©The Manna Tease 2011





Quantcast

2 comments:

jordan said...

this is a comment. This comment commentates on the niceness of this tune. I will play this with you, whether you like or not.

S. Sandrigon said...

Thanks for the niceness of your comment, & thanks for your spot-on Joni Mitchell impersonation.