January 06, 2007

E-mails: New Years Blogolutions

Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 13:44:42 -0800 (PST)
From:"James Welsch" <______@yahoo.com>
Subject: Fucking
To:"Samuel Tear Amidon" <_______@gmail.com>

Dear Sam,

Hey, I was able to get that "I wish" movie onto my fancy new video iPod (xmas present from dad) using a program called "Jodix Free iPod Video Converter". Then we hooked it up to my parents new humungous television set (they're all the rage with the consumer set), & got your face ten feet wide. My mother didn't like what you were doing with lips. It's the TWENTY FIRST CENTURY!

Anyway, I was writing to suggest that you convert your movies to .m4a & post them on your website in that format also, so people can put them on iPods. All your fans that is, like Matthew Fucking Barney & The Gay-Emo Boys & the Fucking Cockassaroos.
Where's your manners! Merry Christmas!

When's Sam Amidon Live in Berkeley? You should come play the Starry Plough. My brother told me he puts your Tears for Fears song on his mixes. He lives in a bus now. You're big with the bus set. You're also TEN FEET WIDE on my parents' TV.

Peace on Earth,

James



Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 23:19:46 -0500
From:"Sam Amidon"
To:"James Welsch"
Subject: Re: Fucking

yo yo

marry christmas. i am in vermont. i am hung over from new years eve.
i mean not so much any more but i was today. new years eve was about
welcoming in 2007. hmmm... today has been about being hungover in
2007. thank you for expanding my video into the television medium. i
am watching a lame indie movie called down in the valley. before that
i was watching an beautiful hollywood film called dead man's chest.
that was good. i'm sick of stupid shit, and flakey stuff, and i'm not
sure what is going to happen this year yet. what do you think? but on
the good side of things marian gave me an old, hardcover, unabridged
copy of gibbon's decline and fall of the roman empire. that is
worthwile.

sam


Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 10:45:11 -0500
From:"Sam Amidon" <___________@gmail.com> View Contact Details
To:"James Welsch" <________@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Ahab's apostles
CC:Send an Instant Message "James Quill" <___________@yahoo.com>

yeah quill!!! good man rock i'm lame because i didn't go this year. but i will next year. in the meantime...

my new years resolutions.
by sam.

-sleep more
-talk more
-read more new yorker articles

my new reading scheme.
by sam

on the subway:
the short novels of leo tolstoy

on the weekends:
the decline and fall of the roman empire, by gibbon, in six volumes.

going to bed:
anna karenina

over breakfast: war and peace



Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 11:58:57 -0800 (PST)
From:"James Welsch" <______@yahoo.com>
Subject: My Reading Scheme,
To:"Sam Amidon" <__________@gmail.com>

Dear Sam,

Ah! What readers we are! La!

Your reading plans are impossible.
Just one of those would be hard.

I wrote to James Quill that I was at the point in Pynchon's
Mason & Dixon where the french chef is being haunted by a robotic duck who may or may not be slowly turning into either an angel or a planet. & wrote back & said he was at the exact same point. (We had never mentioned that book to each other, never mentioned any plans to read it...)

Some day I'll start reading Russian novels. I'm still paranoid that I'm fabulously behind on great American literature. Mason & Dixon is amazing. Like, yesterday in a coffee shop, I read this chapter where Dixon (the astronomer/surveryor charting out the Mason-Dixon line in the 1760s) stumbles into a rustick tavern in the woods inn Pennsylvania, & the locals launch into a bizarre discussion of the gnostic gospels & how the Mason-Dixon line is like a line of Hebrew Scripure, & how this monster ("Golem") Indian spirit in the woods is animated by Jesus & can be summoned by great poetry "somewhat as ye may summon a Star with a Telescope".

Peace On Earth!
Purity Of Essence!

James




Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 20:45:07 -0800 (PST)
From:"James Welsch"
Subject: "Garden of Pleasure" paging the Vibe Master
To:<________@gmail.com>

Dear Dan "Communism" Piper.

Well, my mother informed me over Christmas that since moving to Berkeley (three months ago!) I have become "too liberal." It was in response to me telling her the dairy industry is a slave trade. Can't say I'm a communist, but, if you have $230, I suggest you drag your butt to Lincoln Center in New York & watch all three of Tom Stoppard's trilogy "The Coast of Utopia." By February, there should be some 8-hour marathons going on.

I tried to call you a bit ago, to ask what was going on in Israel - but I've been listening to Amy Goodman, & I think I'm more up to date. I may just hide for a few years. Speaking of which,
January 25th, 2009, Edinburgh / Ayreshire! That'll be several things: James Quill's 27th Birthday, Robert Burns's 250th birthday (hence the Scottish location), & 5 days after Bush leaves office (at the latest), so by default a several-week all-world party.

MySpace friends! I sent you a request for my music page. I have a new Gospel Album, Gospel Train.

New! Year!
James

No comments: