January 11, 2007

E-mails: Responses & Corrections to the Andrew Jackson Grayson Society

From: "Richard R Grayson, MD" <____@doctorgrayson.com>
To: "Sue Welsch" <_____@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Andrew Jackson Grayson
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 22:53:14 -0600

Sue, it was good to hear from you. Your son's blog is well done and I appreciated the link to my biography of Andrew Jackson Grayson. Truth be known, I harbor a secret fantasy that I am Andrew reincarnated, for I took to writing as if I had known it before. I became editor of my college newspaper. I have attached the beginning of a book called Teshuva, which are memoirs, for James to read. Also a photo of an old painting I found on the web of a clipper ship, the Orpheus, which in 1856 carried my other great grandfather, Aaron Mandelbaum age 18 and his brother Moses to America from Germany. Note that in the bible Aaron and Moses went to the Promised Land. James should know that he is eligible to join his ancestral organizations for the Mayflower, the Revolution, the War of 1812, and the Civil War. I tell people I own this country and they should pay me rent. Be sure to read everything on my office web site and on my blog for further essays. I am happy James and Scott are interested in our genealogy. My son Dan and I have done a lot of the genealogy jointly since he was in college, so he has a lot of the records also. I have been collecting our genealogy since I was 15 and have mountains of notebooks and old photographs. I have the Grayson line on Ancestral Quest with about 3,500 names starting with Benjamin Grayson of 1778 in North Carolina. So Happy New Year to all, Love Dick



Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:11:42 +0000 (GMT)
From:Send an Instant Message "Rachel Eley" <_______@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: O it was lost for ever! and we found it not: The Andrew Jackson Grayson Society
To:"James Welsch" <______@yahoo.com>

Guess so! Only that DJB has finally been staged, if a little abstractly, in 2003 at the NASSR conference. There's a review of it by Mike Bradshaw online but my Athens account isn't fancy enough to give me access to it. (It was published in the European Romantic Review.) This is seems to be the only accessible reference I can find to it. Also, a fact I didn't mention in the map, it wasn't speaking of Mike that possibly helped my case, but of H W Donner, Beddoes' biographer, whom my interview and subsequent tutor Bernard O'Donoghue studied under (I think in Uppsala) and remembered fondly from his student days. I thought about adding another line to my map but it seemed a little... something. I don't know. Mike might be a bit confused by that particular reference to him if he ever stumbled across it though. I like your relative.

r




Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 7:23:40 -0800 (PST)
From:"Michael Aarons" <______@yahoo.com>
Subject: No!
To:"Sandy James" <________@yahoo.com>

james,

not to be confused with andrew jackson grayson, the 19th century naturalist

mike

"There's no absolutes in life; only in vodka."
-Homicide: Life on the street

No comments: