March 14, 2008

Song of the Victors

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Page to our moral rectal-tude!
Our shields shall be recycled into staplers,
Our tanks & ships will be remolded,
I am not averse to the most averse!

A yellow banner stream across my brow,
A tattoo of love just below my bikini-line,
Hope & courage, come out of your redoubt,
Come out & be together & be forever mine.

Clouds in the shapes of cloud-shaped clouds,
Spreading like an octopus, lost in its own ink,
Found in the confined feedlot, lost in the Austin crowds,
My sons will soon be home, salvaged & perfectly pink.

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Page to our stamina!
Hyphens & hymens! The marriage of desire & old cheese.
Those untoward terrorists submit to the winner,
Turn my plastic cheek & repose upon couches of peace.

No comments: