September 21, 2007

E-mails: Hyphy Sketchbook.

Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:25:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:"Whyphy" <_@itwaslost.org>
Subject: Democrats Fail
To:Send an Instant Message Liam Joseph Olaf Worland Golden" <_____@yahoo.com>
CC:Send an Instant Message "Virtue" <________@yahoo.com>

Elle,


You comin' over here after work? Life is sweet out here.

I penned out a hyphy lyric in my pad when I woke up. Any opinions?

Whyphy Wraph Attak

John Steinbeck, John Steinbeck, what the feck is his line abeck?
Do you respeck his condition? Tradition & confusion do I need to proteck?
The wine in hell is better than the wine in Quebeck.
The fusion of verse & vision is an oriental curse. My
Note-pad is eating out her
Quotidian fad, & beating up her
Doting dad, but it's alright my piss won't make the
Floaters mad.
Ghost ride the escalata' up to Mayor Bates' hata' flava'.
Whyphy representin' Berkeley Hyphy, do it in diapers, do it for yaper.
I refuse to ghost ride a helicopter,
I refuse to abuse a velociraptor,
I used to use an inhabilitator,
But I'm in AA for that shit.
I've chosen to chose a diet of fermented grapes,
I've risen to the tune of quiet videotapes,
I'm losin' my cocoon & becoming the butterfly of the apes,
And mostly I'm A-okay for it.

_______________________________________________________________

Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:50:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:"James" <_@itwaslost.org>
Subject: Blues
To:Send an Instant Message "James" <_______________@yahoo.com>

James,

I had a dream about the bluegrass festival last night. Hoo-yah. It seems Rachel Eley will be with us.

[...]

I've been reading Stephen Jay Gould. I like his subject matter, but I've never met an essayist so cock-sure. He has one whole essay about how he was right & the scientific community was wrong about three news items, & he tries to turn it into a philosophical point about diverging world views. I'll diverge your world-view, Stephen Jay Gould.

Did you ever read this poem? I've invented a new style of prophetic nonsense doggerel. It's called Pre-Cursorism. I can't wait to denounce the Cursorists of selling out & misconstruing the idealogical foundations.

[...]

I have a 21-year-old hippie girl couchsurfer right now. She travels with a bag of beautiful fabrics which she intends to make into a patchwork girl hallowe'en costume. It's good to have ambition.

Also, I've been hanging out with some Demographers. You might meet them.

Cheers, hurry on back now,
James

1 comment:

S. Sandrigon said...

Mr Golden told me that my lyrics lack cohesion & authenticity, but that he liked my use of the slang "A-okay."