September 27, 2007

I'm Going Home

Farewell! my friends! my habitat can process no more guano,
Houris & Seraphim are burning rubber in Myanmar's forests,
And I don't care to stay here long.
The yardman in the dooryard, less of an apocalypse than a Clintonian tornado,
And Jesus Christ & Malcolm X are smiling & beating their chests,
And I don't care to stay here long.
Ride me & arise up, Christians: Dorothy is affirming your hopes, there is truth in what the middlemen don't know.


I failed in my ventures, the landlord is just waddling upstairs,
I am sober from my saliva to my bone marrow,
And I don't care to stay here long.
Television doctors are prescribing cures, the second star is lit with flares,
Be careful! the cats from El Camino Real to San Pablo Avenue are rabid & feral,
And I don't care to stay here long.
Hide me till I'm hidden in heaven! I trust that the Saint's Justice will provide me with a decent barrister, I'm ready to go.


Please purge me of bestial instincts, even the ones involving partisan politics,
Like when the Minister of the Exchequer was found with a herd of bachelor impala,
And I don't care to stay here long.
Urgency is required, the sorority girls have exchanged bunkbeds with the lunatics,
The suicide eucalyptus trees are the only thing the Koalas have adapted to swallow,
And I don't care to stay here long.
So Columbus was only guilty of genocide, I deride no lower caste for their diseases, where he is become leaden popcorn at the greatest show.


I tried & tried, but computer-generated monsters are forming a mob,
Screaming with torches outside every wall of my mansion,
And I don't care to stay here long.
I love Marion Davies, I will defend her honor until the newspapers throb,
Silly string, my pet, has made this colony vulnerable to Southern Inuit Expansion,
And I don't care to stay here long.
Cherubic legions are my bodyguards, my home is thru the rim of Uranus, I am going, I am going where I won't need my mind.


Do you hear the music that my mother heard in Nineteen-Forty-Five?
The same recording with the same hornets with cornets is playing,
And I don't care to stay here long.
Touchdown!? It's easy to get worked up & stressed out about being too alive,
I look forward to dancing with Sun Ra & men of every color & swaying & praying,
And I don't care to stay here long.
Turn down that radio, a fence has been drawn around each song, stones & rocks of wrath, too cruel to be some kind.


Enkidu's priestess-harlot can hold my hair back, & the seamen are seasick,
Toe-tapping menaces are invading our privacy,
And I don't care to stay here long.
What are the consequences? Between frozen peas & lunar monsoons, if geodesic,
I reckon, if you count illegitimates, I have no children to commit intellectual piracy,
And I don't care to stay here long.
Coats of feathers rot too fast, butterfly wings are too too transient, I will find a way to fly with iron & the ocean will make me blind.


Berate me from four sides with contradicting advice about parenting,
My second-born is transsexual, but it is not a failure of corporate identity,
And I don't care to stay here long.
Loosen your belts, the high-fructose white grape juice concentrate is fermenting,
Eventually the sense pillow will explode, my preacher will explain & pity,
And I don't care to stay here long.
The are crumbs on the dessert plate, the bill has been settled, the waitress has been tipped thirty percent, the taxi is waiting outside.


Are there answers in the unbarred spiral galaxy? I'm not concerned with just the meaning of life,
Scotsmen & espionage, I feel for all these various things with needy attachment,
And I don't care to stay here long.
Don't hesitate to sodomize on my behalf, I've long since swapped my favorite wife,
And of egg-laying mammals & of echidna, I hold no grudges about design or millenniums misspent,
And I don't care to stay here long.
When we were carpooling up to Marin County, lovely ladies of the morning, it was good to decrease the traffic by one car, I am in agony & ecstasy to share your ride.


There is mold on my heinie, spores in my lungs, funny guys dittying ditties at the public house,
Mastering her domain, she took to the precipice with vigor befitting a presidential candidate,
And I don't care to stay here long.
Where are the Vanderbilts & Gateses & Rockefellers & Carnegies & Buffets when you need them the most?
They're playing hold-'em in the press box with their omnipotent creator, but I'll be riding camels with Fate,
And I don't care to stay here long.
Lerner & Lowe composed my whole hymnody of redemption, and altho I'd never use the word "chaos" in a long poem, I'll report & you decide.


Pop the champagne cork at the three-quarter mark, the resolution on the snakiest limb,
And Lincoln may be shot dead, but my speech-writer is no Democrat,
And I don't care to stay here long.
And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim,
But I begot rhythm neither Jew nor Muslim can shake a stuffed puppy at!
And I don't care to stay here long.
Are there reasons to prophesize to America, beyond what remains of the identical plains, past poor frozen Saskatchewan, with or without Germans in rented Winnebagos?


Angels, angels, I hear you escaping from where I wish to escape to,
Let's shout out to our people, & Charles Mason & Jeremiah Dixon,
And I don't care to stay here long.
From Cape Codpiece towards the Pacific Theater, the girl is drowning in dew,
No longer is it necessary, necessity or sex therapy, I'm out of the quicksand,
And I don't care to stay here long.
Noise, earthquakes, & tiny children lost at the circus, my younger brother is feeling her boobs & imagining them larger, I am feeling the earth & imagining myself where the day goes.


It's important to have ambition, a cool mission to pursue,
From grief & woe, from yesterday, from Eritrea, my soul shall fly,
And I don't care to stay here long.
I recommend to my proselytes to keep repeating what you say & do,
And one day you also will be remembered, & be as famous as the day I die,
And I don't care to stay here long.
Right up around the fake horizon, way up beneath the judgment, the universe at universal room temperature, every color smushed into a huge gray, like the death of play-dough, for I don't care to stay here long.

No comments: