September 16, 2007

Extant Prayer

I was fighting with him a lot, like two huge male failures,
But I'll end my analogies there.
My last pair of pants, the one with the busted fly, has been sent back to the tailor's,
And suddenly, all those trips down the grocery aisle seem truly fulfilling.
Where are the courtrooms?
Where are the judges with fabulous white hair?
I will return to earth, God Willing.

We've been imploring desperately silently to an invisible superman
For four score years.
Now we're in the fourth dimension, we've vindicated each detail of his grand plan:
Dr Samuel Johnson has confirmed that he is allergic to his son's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle band-aids.
Does the boy have to scratch up his knees so often?
Every time we have this conflict you succeed with tears.
I loved my sexual organs, but they've turned into bamboo, which has been eaten by pandaids.

My soul-mate was considerably older than me, the wet nurse of a dead dentist,
Otherwise, she was intense.
She had the jaw of an Australopithecus afarensis,
But don't mistake her for some movie star from the 1940's!
I have learned to believe in social contracts.
Where my faith ends, the railroad to the silver country begins.
My treasure, do not abuse me, & do not confuse me with Jorge Luis Borges.

No comments: