January 20, 2009

Recipe: Inauguration Luncheon at Ashby Ave, Berkeley, California

Did you hear Barbara Feinstein, as she was commencing the post-Inauguration fancy luncheon? She said the most-viewed webpage at the Inauguration site was the one with the recipes for the lunch. So, in full anticipation that this will be my most popular blog post ever, I'm publishing the recipe for my post-Inauguration-live-weblogging lunch-in.

Obama Nachos
-Preheat oven to 350
°
-Pour a bag of tortilla chips onto a pizza tray. (I used Casa Sanchez Thick & Crispy Gruesos, a bay area favorite brand.)
-Sprinkle with shredded Tillamook cheddar cheese.
-Black beans
-Bake until the cheese is melted
-Add salsa (Casa Chicas RedGreen salsa, delicious from Zacatecas, Mexico), & guacamole, creme, whatever you want, to your taste.
I suggest pairing this with a dark beer, the earlier in the afternoon the better, I recommend San Francisco's rich Anchor Porter ("because porter is the new black president, bitch" as the Tracy Jordon slogan goes). Merry New Administration!

No comments: