September 18, 2009

Mimosa the Color of 2009

As Archpope of Transubstantiation for the Mimosas Witnesses, it's been brought to my attention that the hue of our sacred beverage is central to the interior design world's 2009 line. Look for it in yuppie kitchens everywhere - Mimosa is the new Wasabi!

Mimosa Embodies Hopefulness and Reassurance in a Climate of Change

CARLSTADT, N.J., Dec. 3, 2008 - Pantone, an X-Rite company (NASDAQ: XRIT), and the global authority on color and provider of professional color standards for the design industries, today announced PANTONE® 14-0848 Mimosa, a warm, engaging yellow, as the color of the year for 2009. In a time of economic uncertainty and political change, optimism is paramount and no other color expresses hope and reassurance more than yellow.

"The color yellow exemplifies the warmth and nurturing quality of the sun, properties we as humans are naturally drawn to for reassurance," explains Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. "Mimosa also speaks to enlightenment, as it is a hue that sparks imagination and innovation."


Pele was shy about her discovery:


Pele: Old News. Olds?
10:59 AM It's new in a Retro style.
Sounds like propaganda to me.
11:00 AM I don't trust strangers who go door to door!
me: Heresy!
Pele: I won't take any credit for this.
me: What kind of Mimosas Witness are you?
Fine,
11:01 AM But how on earth did you stumble upon a new paint color named after my favorite beverage?
Pele: I thought you knew I'm an artist spy.
11:02 AM You Witnesses ought to know,
when they won't let you in the front door
you have to sneak into the party from the back.
11:05 AM me: A backdoor Mimosas Witness
I don't even know what bizarre theological implications that implies.
11:06 AM A society based on friendship & earthly pleasure
Pele: It's full of nostalgia, yet so Now.

No comments: