August 07, 2007

Bulletin: New Songs Posted on Music Page

From: S. Sandrigon



Date: Aug 7, 2007 12:27 PM
Subject: Finally New Songs!
Body:
Attention! Achtung!


I regret forgetting to put some new songs up here for your general interest. I have recently come into some older recordings - a great concert from last January 2006, in the Church of St. Paul's & St. Andrew's, in Manhattan, organized by Jonathan Shapiro, & with members of the Anechoic Chamber Ensemble. "Know Me Now Albion" is from William Blake's Jerusalem, with Daisy Press as Vala. "He clave the rocks in the wilderness" was a wedding present for Bonnie Whiting Smith (who's playing marimba), with text from Psalm 78 & the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. "Are you washed in the blood of the lamb?" is a traditional American folk song written by Elisha A. Hoffman in 1878 (Bonnie is singing).

The fourth song I put up is from a recording session I did with Melinda Rice in 2005 at CalArts. "He" is an old White Gospel song we learned from a Tennessee Ernie Ford record. I'm playing my sexy electric guitar (a Les Paul).

Listen to them!

No comments: