August 28, 2007

E-mails: We Are People

Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:36:54 +0000 (GMT)
From:Send an Instant Message "Rachel Eley" <________@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: En-thrilled
To:"S. Sandrigon" <_@itwaslost.org>

Sandy,

I'm excited too. Or a least I will be after I hand my dissertation in on Thursday. At the moment it is taking up all spare emotional energy including "excitement about the future" and "delight in the new day".

The wedding will just be the legal bit, no ceremony. Hopefully Nick's Dad will do it on a hill somewhere. The "real" wedding will be next year in my village with my aunts in hats. It will be a big party with a cake and a vicar and flowers and everything. Would you like to come? I want there to be a kind of open mic session going on all evening. Steve will be the MC.

A bit too tired for real email writing tonight. Later I will communicate more on the subject of plans and singing and sleeping places, for now I will fill the rest of this missive with a list I have been making of things I am going to do after the essay is done. I hope you like it.

What I am going to do

climb the monument
eat lots of sushi
wash the windows, inside and out
write a cryptic crossword
walk from Vauxhaul to Tower Bridge at low tide with someone who wants to too
read a novel about zombies
do my tax return
meet all my friends who have real jobs for lunch and get them drunk
visit my family
tune the banjolele
consider my future
soak my feet in hot water and lavender salts
reclaim the garden from the chickens
go out for icecream
see the global cities exhibition at the Tate properly this time
go to the theatre
go to church
bake a whole brie in white wine, garlic and cranberries
make golden-fried camembert with hot apricot and ginger dipping sauce
learn to play CC Rider
give Nick a haircut
change out of my jeans

See you soon.
Love, Rachel

____________________________________________________

Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:02:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:"S. Sandrigon" <_@itwaslost.org>
Subject: Inflexus
To:Send an Instant Message "Rachel Eley" <_________@yahoo.co.uk>

Miss Eley,

That all sounds lovely. But, in case you're still perswadable, I've heard the pastor at the Chapel of the Bells has a lisp...

I've been daydreaming about a trip to Scotland in 2009 for Burns Day - also five days after 1.20.09, so I reckon Europe will be generally celebratory. But I'll do my darndest to be in Muggington when you tell me to. Oh! By the way, if you have any groovy maps of Derbyshire or somewhere interesting, bring them for my hallway.

I cooked up some fish last Friday with Fiona Willis, who doesn't eat fish. My friends Virtue & Leni came over, also not big fans of fish, but it still went well, dinner party well. It ended up at a Very Loud Experimental Band.

Let's see what else has been happening? I served at Dr Toad Williams' memorial service two days ago - he's a wine-maker who was Robin William's older half-brother, Robin gave a first-rate eulogy, which included comments like (French waiter voice) "would like a Tiny Cock with your Frog Fuck?", in front of children & old ladies... but, not often you get paid to wear a tux to a Robin Williams stand up in a vineyard in Napa Valley.

Best of Wishes for Now Till Thursday! I'm about to watch the Sopranos, Season Three, Disk Three!

Love & Hyphy,
Sandy


_______________________________________________________


Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:15:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:Send an Instant Message "Liam Joseph Olaf Worland Mary Golden" <___@yahoo.com>
Subject: we are
To:"James Henry Welsch" <_@itwaslost.org>

O,
I hope your sonomiac weekende was beautiful
as mine was beautiful.
Yesterday,
the head cheese, my boss, said these wise words:
"We're people more than we're anything else."
Yours truly,
Mary

_______________________________________________________

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 14:32:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:"James Henry Welsch" <_@itwaslost.org>
Subject: Get Alaine Along
To:Send an Instant Message "Liam Joseph Olaf Worland Mary Golden" <_____@yahoo.com>, Send an Instant Message "Virtue" <______@yahoo.com>,

Dear We're People Here,

Weekend Nice - Yes. Robin Williams was at that there catering. He gave a eulogy for his half-brother. Jenny's back. Other things are going well as well. Jerusalem has been builded on this green & pleasant land.

Tonight, I'm meeting Miss Ava M______ at the 21 Grand in Oakland (416 25th St) at 7:45 for some live electronic music - it's not far from the 19th St BART. All y'all are welcome. Virtue, is it your Friday Night?

Also, there is a pool party at Ashley E_____'s place this coming Sunday at 7. This might be a good time. I'm probably working Saturday. Also, there's free Three Muskateers in the park in Berkeley at 4 on Sunday - may go before the party, arrive good & drinked.

What's happening in fair San Francisco this week?

Vis-à-vis "We are people," Rodney King actually said "Can we get along here? Can we all get along?"

Obediently,
O at the Itwaslost Organization

No comments: