November 06, 2009

Sports: Quilldipides running from Athens to Marathon this weekend

Bulgarious correspondent Mr Quill is running in Greece this weekend. In his own words:

Around 9AM Athens time, be sure to focus your thoughts on the number 4150. I will be dying somewhere between Athens and Marathon, contemplating the meaning of everything and asking the question that broke The General. W H Y. Why? Say it in your best McGoohan impression.

The following are my goals.

Primary Goals:

1. Finish. Do not walk at any point.

2. Eat a steak and have a beer afterward.

Secondary Goals:

1. Finish in under 4 hours.

2. Perform some kind of whimsical dance after finishing.

And after this Sunday, I will no longer be obligated to train and my evenings will open up for new activities. I plan on writing and studying. During my training, I could never measure the distance I was running by any means, so I described my average run as a 'Boar's Head' and measured thusly. I believe the Marathon is approximately 4 boar's heads. Now I will apply the boar's head to other things. I've decided that 1011 words is the writing equivalent of a boar's head and so I will try to treat it similarly, writing a boar's head 4 or 5 days a week. Keep your eyes open.

Thank you for all of your well wishin' on the runnin'. It will motivate me and my pride. And I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: