March 08, 2009

Live-Twitting the Opéra-Comique

I'm irritated that my attempt to "live twit" the Berkeley Opera matinée of The Tales of Hoffman by Jacques Offenbach (pictured to the right - mustache, sideburns, no chin hair, pince-nez), due to either my lousy phone or a bogged tweetosophere, came in delayed & OUT OF ORDER. I apologize to the thousands that were following & flummoxed. Also, my phone doesn't cut me off after 140 characters, so some of the final tweets are incomplete (I've corrected that below), I'll try to learn how to do this technology better by the time I live-twit the Ring at Beyreuth. One of my failed tweets, just picking up the second half, only read "SSandrigon gets a girl this time." I assure you I wasn't womanizing, either successfully or otherwise, at the Berkeley Opera. Here is the reconstructed attempted live correspondence:

SSandrigon
It's too early in the day to be going to an Offenbach opera.



SSandrigon
We hereby declare that Heath Ledger was 100x better as Ennis del Mar than as the joker. Stay tuned for live tweets from the Berkeley Opera.


SSandrigon
Looks like the tales of Hoffman is totally impenetrably sold out. Lovely day for waiting around outside the theater tho. I Should have b

SSandrigon
I snuck past the Ushers at the last second! Hoffman falls in love with a robot, they worked some jokes about Lehman bros into the plot.


SSandrigon
We couldn't quite figure out why Dr Miracle was making Antonia sing to death. I went & sat in the front row, great stolen seats. One more tale, I hope H gets a girl this time!


SSandrigon
The heartless whore was in league with the devil to steal Hoffman's reflection! Poets are idiots. In whole a first-rate local production.

No comments: