August 28, 2008

Live Blog from Obama Nation Post 1b - Gyro Worship

7:11pm Mountain Time 28 August 2008, foreshadowings of the dawn in Northern Bulgaria, wipe that sleep from your eyes, people.

President Eisenhower's daughter is speaking, my how time flies.

A note to the lookers-in & devoted enthusiasts: Click on the post to see further comments & a few good jokes, & please say what's on your mind, no one likes passive-aggressivity.

After a few sips of Joe-Biden-on-the-Colorado-Rocks, it feels like I'm there in Telluride Colorado, my injured left leg (ouch!) soaking in cool hot springs.

7:15pm Well, Jenny Ruth has gone to sleep. "Wake me up when Obama speaks."

The military intelligence is taking the stage.

7:22pm Thanks for asking, Grainne. "America the Beautiful", interesting that guy was billed as a "singer/songwriter", because I believe (just off the top of my head) that it was written Katharine Lee Bates like a long time ago or something.

7:31pm How will we be able to tell when it's Barack Obama speaking? Is he taller than these other people?'

7:37pm What are you wearing, Olaf?

Olaf: Republicans. Republican. Mile-High Canadian Republicans.


7:40 MST - This week Senator Clinton showed us the audacity of mope. President Clinton showed us the audacity of cope. Rep Kucinich demonstrated the audacity of elope (he's married to a REALLY young and tall Brit). Now we're ready for some audacious hope. And that ain't just the audacity of dope talking.

7:41pm That is pretty brave to tell 75,000 young Obama supporters you voted for "Reagan, Bush, Gore, Bush & Bush."

Grainne:
Olaf is presiding over Joe Bidens and Crepes. He just had this exchange with my room-mate Powers:
Olaf:
Want a Crepe?
Powers:
are they chocolate chip?
Olaf:
Chocolate and Nutella
Powers:
I really like chocolate Muffins and pancakes.
Olaf:
I'll make you one.
Powers:
I'll make it myself.
Olaf:
No. it's kind of an art.

Olaf:
A moment of dancing for Quillism. Bulgaria is in the house. I think the Tennessee delegate is Bulgarian. Water. Ice. To Matthew Ryken's up and coming child who will be born in Denver (shameful plug of my friends). Bus riding. Monarchies.

Grainne:
Durbin got the Biden-Gore Tie from the white guy whose first language was swahili. The blue tie is the elder wand.

Quite, Quite. Whoa! Holy Shit! New Post Above!~

15 comments:

S. Sandrigon said...

Whoa - did anyone just catch that one of those generals was named FIG NEWTON. Is Thomas Pynchon helping name our commanders?

Anonymous said...

u guys are so funny
this is my favorite blog
i hate the democrats

S. Sandrigon said...

Everyone always uses that same Einstein quote to define insanity, I think insanity is more like sticking fish in your ears & drooling a lot.

Anonymous said...

Pam is already my favorite. -kt

Anonymous said...

Oh Pam - a Republican?!? I thought we really had something.
kt

Anonymous said...

Ok Pam you've won me back with the thumbs up.

S. Sandrigon said...

Sorry, I don't know what happened to Olaf's comment. It was there & then it wasn't. I think we're driving Blogger to stick fish in its ears.

S. Sandrigon said...

Hi KT!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Brains told me this was THE place to be. - kt

Brains said...

On NPR they just said there are a lot of "handsome, pretty" celebs involved and that Obama has sex appeal. They're highlighting youth, vigor, looks; they said.

Brains said...

Hi KT, Misti just got home, she says hi. Toast!

Brains said...

lol, Olaf, crepes, you have to learn to let go. Let go.

Anonymous said...

Well, mr. brains, I don't know who NPR has been looking at. I've been horrified by the unattractiveness of our people. Sorry Dems! Also, please, please stop dancing if you aren't good at it. All these off-rhythm folks are making Isaac Hayes spin in his grave, I'm sure.

/end rant. PS - Hi Misti!

Brains said...

Oh I think they meant the people on stage, for sure. Denver does not a pretty populace equal.

Brains said...

The DNCC live online video just showed a guy holding a sign saying "Cuban American Democrats for Change". I heart him. And I know he's a lonely guy. But have you heard of the Blue Dogs? There are some Hispanic dem candidates in South Florida who may actually win in November, upending evil Mel Martinez and Ileana Ros-Letinen.