April 22, 2009

A Celebration of Fake Love: Photos from the Fake Marriage Ceremony



On April Fifth, the Mimosas Witnesses hosted a Fake Wedding in the Berkeley Hills. The Bride & Groom had never met. The guests roles (MILF-of-the-Groom, Drunkle) were selected semi-randomly from a Sorting Sombrero. The photos from my camera have just returned, the first batch from the ceremony:
Today with my whole heart
I pledge to thee

My love & faith
For all of eternity
And even longer after that
I'll fill your life
Up to past the brim of my hat

And be your little wife

I'll be your special friend, in cloudy climes,
Thru troubles & strife,
Good times & stupid sucky times
Thru this life & most of afterlife [...]


-From the Bridal Vows





You are the Eve to my Adam,
You are the ying to my yang,
You are the yoni to my lingam,
You are the Lady Macbeth to my Mister Macbeth,
You are the Lewinsky Scandal to my Kenneth Starr,

Without you, I am like half of a lemon after it has been sliced in half,
And the other half thrown away into the compost,
To return again unto the earth & fertilize the summer c
rops.

-From the Groomal Vows
Every night in my dreams,
I see you, I feel you,

That is how I know you go on.

Far across the distance,

And spaces between us,

You have come to show you go on.


Near, far, wherever you are,

I believe that the heart does go on,

Once more you open the door,

And you're here in my heart,

And my heart will go on and on.


-From the "hymn" we sang


The text for these Fake Nuptials is here.
The Invitation.
Photos from the Sunny Reception - & I'll post more photos from the reception tomorrow, & all the crowd shots & photos shoots anon.

3 comments:

S. Sandrigon said...

A few of those photos, such as the one of Officiant Sigal's service, can be seen in close detail by clicking on it.

Anonymous said...

this whole thing is fucking brilliant. I am in awe of the awesomeness of it. the only thing better would be for it to become a fake wedding trend. it is a natural extension of mimosas witnesses...an apt reinterpretation of what is sacred.

S. Sandrigon said...

Hey, I think Sigal's sister wants to do one in NYC - by coincidence, they had just done a Fake Marriage Proposal at madison square.