April 15, 2009

Teabagging Update

It's tax day, & time to rise up against this fascist TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION! For instance, I asked Barack Obama in a STRONGLY-WORDED LETTER to eradicate time-differences. Time Differences set Nation against Nation & subdivide the sunlight in increasingly unfair ways. Obama has been in office for several months & I'm still drinking coffee in Berkeley while I gee-chat with Mr Quill, drinking beer in Bulgaria, & VISA VERSA. Is this what I'm paying taxes for? I'm drinking some really delicious PG Tips with steamed soy milk, dumped in the Potomac of my cup.

Here's my favorite Teabagging report from the day's news:

The big event of the day was to be the dumping of one million teabags. The Washington Post notes that this was originally supposed to happen at the Potomac River but was shifted to Lafayette Park because of issues of legality. [...]

But! As it turns out, the alternate plan -
1. Take a milli
on teabags to Lafayette Park,
2. Dump them on a tarp,
3. Yell at them,
4. Clean up the teabags
- also isn't happening, because of permit issues.
According to reports, the truck filled with teabags pulled up to Lafayette Park, but didn't have a permit, and so they were loaded back on to the truck and driven off to an undisclosed location.

5 comments:

Brains said...

What do they have against loose leaf tea?

Wait, I just realized it's cultural. Lipton tea bags, etc.

Also I really hope they don't ruin any other sexual acts. Stop it! I like the sex! Leave the sex alone!

S. Sandrigon said...

The huffpost also linked to this blogger:

...When I was checking out the bagger asked me if I was “going to any teabagging parties today”. Like, WTF? And the cashier was just looking at me waiting for my response and I was all “Uh…no” because I was too shocked to say anything else and then I got home and thought maybe teabagging means something else now but no, I googled it and it still totally means the same thing.

Like, I don’t even have a witty ending here to wrap things up. I’m *that* freaked out. Teabagging. I am never going back to HEB.

UPDATED: Hi. I’m an idiot. Apparently “teabagging” is a truly horribly named Republican rally going on around America today to protest taxes or tea or something. Teabagging. Good one, Republicans. You totally got me.

http://thebloggess.com/?p=2281

Anonymous said...

I love it that the albino wallroo is now visual code for psycho republicans.

S. Sandrigon said...

I think the metaphor is fairly self-explanatory: whiter-than-possible, verging on extinction.

S. Sandrigon said...

And we could go on: -capable of making great leaps of logic. And cute as the day you were born. I'm also told albino wallaroos are partial to teabagging parties.