October 14, 2008

BUSH - shape-note score & quartet recording



I finally have my sexy new digital microphone, The Samson CO3U, & this is the trial run, a demo solo-quartet overdub of my shape-note tune BUSH from the Western Harmony. (I've been making these hideous recordings to test the harmonies of my new songs before others are forced to attempt to sing them.) There is a downloadable pdf file of the score here, & to download an mp3 of the below podcast-player go here. The lyrics were composed in Liverpool this July:

BUSH

On this planet I spin around in anguish & grief.

If heav'n is more beautiful than California, then I want to go.

In the light of the moon, a little egg lay on a leaf,

So like a caterpillar will my love grow.

In my vineyard plague-locusts have devoured my belief,

The cankerworm has eaten up the palmerworm, I sow only woe,

In the light of the moon, a little egg lay on a leaf,

So like a caterpillar will my love grow.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

James-

this is fire.
your new mic is the employee of the month, it deserves a bonus.

S. Sandrigon said...

I'm putting a fuchsia ribbon on it, & keeping a 24-hour security detail at least until after the election.

S. Sandrigon said...

Sorry, also, I guess my mixing is still at a lower amateurish level than my other skills.

Photo cred, for the picture of Bush Street, San Francisco: Joseph Szymanski

Anonymous said...

this is completely unrelated but it's sooooo fun:




http://www.236.com/news/2008/10/13/levi_johnston_has_been_told_he_9498.php

Anonymous said...

omg and this one:


http://www.236.com/blog/w/michael_weingartner_and_lee_camp/john_mccains_voice_mail_to_bar_9488.php