October 02, 2008

Veeep Live-Blogging - Post Number Four, Gays & beyond

Hello, welcome to our Live Blogging of the excitin', fast talkin', disagreein' Vice Presidential Debates. Play the flute, Sarah! Say something stupid by accident, Joe! Isn't that what we're all here to see, enough with this excellent performance that they're both giving. It seems like they've both completely agreed on gay marriage, wasn't expecting that. I thought she preferred to exorcize gays with her Alaskan-African witch doctors. We're here live! LIVE! LIVE!

6:42 West Coast Time Sam du Groing here in "University of Alabama" maroon. Joe Biden's making outrageous promises to end this war, which Palin calls a "surrender."

alert! alert! Palin says "Nookyoolur" multiple times.

6:something pm
This repeated mocking of Obama wanting to meet Bad Guy Dictators without "precondition", is a bizarre talking point, especially when so many leading diplomats totally agree. Oh, Good, Gwen just called her out on it. And she's like "I just talked with my good old friend Henry Kissenger." Old friends.

loving the contrast between Biden's specifics and Palin's generalities.

she get's real huffy when she's running out of time.

6:59pm I had no idea that Barack Obama has been wrong about so many issues. How dare he?
We just opened some red wine. Does Joe Biden drink red wine? Is he one of us?


his teeth are too white for red wine...no purple wine stains here

7:02pm
Her American flag broach is like ooober-patriotic. Biden's is tiny. How come they keep running out of time, when it seems like this is going on forever? KC says "he looks tired."

What the fuck is a "Bosniac"?? I think I might have had a bit of that last night.


somebody is acting super-cutesy. I'll let you decide who it is.

jumping from memorized talking point to talking point.

7:10pm It's gotten to the point where all I here is "Bob Lawbla, Bob Lawbla, Bob Lawbla..."
No! Please don't bring Wasilla Main Street to Washington!

7:12pm She just thanked Biden's wife, "god bless her, her reward is in heaven". What????


7:14pm What a vice president does............ Do you get the feeling that they're losing their minds & getting feisty, kooky..... KC says "Many children left behind."

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ WORDS.

7:26pm
"You do what I do as governor & hire your friends & relatives."
Isn't this over by now? My head is spinning.

apocalyptic closing statement from Palin. and she said "shall". what?

7:30pm Okay, six hours later, it's over! Phew. Time to eats aubergines & arugula.


My verdict: Knockout for Joe.

Dude, I thought she was totally charismatic, in a terrifying way. Okay, I've got dinner guests, I've been multitasking like hockey mom, thank you all, I look forward to our future endeavors.

17 comments:

S. Sandrigon said...

She's like a cute rabbit. Or an echidna.

Brains said...

Palin just said "shout out." I'm gonna marry an Indian bride off the internet just for her citizenship.

Brains said...

Who's KC? Hello, KC. What is Palin reading from the podium, a binder?

S. Sandrigon said...

Brains! In the house!

Anonymous said...

I think the nonsense just happened.

S. Sandrigon said...

What business did she own.

Brains said...

Ha ha, Biden just gave the job interview answer, "my Achilles heel is my sense of passion." Awesome. He is doing his job tonight: no mistakes.

Anonymous said...

she owned a fishing business. the word "Maverick" shouldnt be allowed anymore.

Brains said...

OK, Grainne in green, Sandrigon in red, Mary Olaf is missing but I think I got it now. I'll remain as Screech Powers in the next booth in the comments section.

GREAT Freudian slip by Palin, "McCain's the man who needs to leave. Lead."

S. Sandrigon said...

Her closing statements are powerful, I'm impressed.

Brains said...

Why I love Joe:
1)Amtrak
2)Pro-choice

Why I do not like Palin:
1)She's every adult churchgoer I've ever grown up with who was only concerned with one thing, individual suppression.
2)With the way she uses the word "freedom," she hasn't read Nietzsche.

Anonymous said...

so? who won? everybody needs to weigh in.

Anonymous said...

interesting.hmmmmm...

Brains said...

Bye, Sandrigon! Bye, Grace! Bye, Joe! Bye, Trader Joe's Vienna Lager! Bye, nipples!

Anonymous said...

bye brains. till next time :)

Brains said...

Apparently Bosniaks is a word a lots of pundits are calling it a Biden-gaffe because they aren't familiar with the word themselves.

S. Sandrigon said...

Looks like its legit, the Bosniaks are a people: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosniaks
Long live the BoĆĄnjaci.