November 10, 2008

Cameos on TV: Another rainy night at the museum

I'm not particularly proud of this cameo, chiseling my fifteen minutes of fame down to fourteen minutes & fifty-nine seconds. But look closely at the caterers in this "lavish party", you'll notice yours truly two-fisting the silver dessert trays in the African Hall, at 2:19 into it. (My friend Matthew, looking handsome behind the bar at 1:00, another hipster prol enjoying the trickle-down effects of tax-payer bail-outs.) You have to admit -- "tone-deaf", "undo extravagance" aside -- that our buffet spreads looked divine. (Also a nice peek inside the new resurrected SF science museum if you haven't made it yet.) My boss's wife was like, "Thank god they didn't mention our company's name..." But now that I've seen the clip, I'm like, How come they blotted out the wealthy clients' faces, but showed my face??

Click on this image to take you to the local CBS news video:

6 comments:

Brains said...

Ha ha haha hajhakjhajkhkja so awesome!!! The way you were walking, looked like you were one of the implicated.

Also, what's the deal? They blurred out the faces of everyone in attendance except the hipster prols.

Anonymous said...

That was great. Who knew Mr. Welsch would be such a fine representative of 5 star service to corporate America?

Anonymous said...

well, as for why they didn't bother to blot out your face- I speak as a service industry veteran- you are not a person,James- you are "the help". Ouch!

Quill said...

Damn James. You're so prominent in this video. Also, I see they're canceling employee holiday parties. Nice. That sure makes me feel better.

S. Sandrigon said...

We were making some good jokes behind the scenes of the party - like, offering people bailouts on platters. There was also definitely some Repubs in the crowd, I overheard this one guy loudly defending Palin. Grainne, I've actually been called "the help" by this one woman at another job. It was a bizarre moment. Jenny Ruth says I look like a scab, but I'm actually just a working stiff..

My mom writes "...I kept pausing and going back to see you again and again. The museum is what impressed me. It looks like a place we will want to visit." Thanks, Mom.

Olaf Mary said...

You ARE the channel 5 news. Let's Slow that shit down and repeat for the better part of an afternoon.