November 17, 2008

Song of Supposition

How come I no longer carry a pen?
And where has the rum gone?

The internet is for politics & perverts,

So long as you come alone,

A song from the wino at lamplight again.


Watch me, purple princess flower, smoke only camels,

My corner pub's suzerainity,

Imagine a future without underpants,

Listen to the remaining accordion magic,
Can we continue with limited precepts to live in these cold dark shells?


How come I came to this ancient city?

It still has stretch-marks on its breasts,

Handsome young beasts & the kind starshine of ages
Will guide you outward, bounty increases

When charity is replaced by necessity & Charles has no need for pity.


I love a sporting life, & where better to have it?

I need affirmation, a lonesome eagle,

How quick you forget our adoration & our hot tub games,

Our connectivity, you living son of a seagull,
I love a sporting life - want it & grab it.


How come I sense desperation behind your prose?
And don't look for it in the rum cellar.

Keep repeating yourself on the internet,
& I will pay attention to you,

Credentials from the Institute of Pumpkin Yellow,
It's literary fraud, but the noblest kind I suppose.

2 comments:

Gale Jolly said...

THE PURPLE MUSHROOM PHOTO IS MY PROPERTY AND HAS BEEN STOLEN FROM MY FLICKR ACCOUNT - PLEASE CEASE AND REMOVE IT - THANK YOU !!

S. Sandrigon said...

Hi Gale, I changed the photo to something more beautiful, no worries. I will send you 100% of the royalties I made from that poem during the years it was up illustrated by your picture.