November 07, 2008

Su Diarrea Diaria



Miss Proinseas, this was pointed out by a blogger named E.A. Hanks over at the Huffington Post. Just as, after a major blackout in New York City, the hospitals are packed with babies exactly nine months later, to the day, so too should we expect a lot of babies exactly nine months after the amazing night America experienced after Obama's victory. I admit to a strong desire to impregnate some of the beautiful Obama revelers at San Francisco's street party at Valencia & 19th. I'm not so sure I didn't, as the photos from the evening show my face covered in lipstick kisses (see above), & there is even one video that shows me being kissed by a stranger, who I then let sip from my champagne (see below). I have very few memories from then on.

The amazing part - in sync with a lot of the Lincoln-Kennedy coincidences & the weird curses & repetitions in American Presidential lore - is that 9 months after Obama's victory is August 4th, Barack Hussein Obama II's birthday. If you see where I'm going with this, he was born on August 4th, 1961, exactly nine months after Kennedy's election. I'm sure Sarah Vowell would love this. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . And no! if that's what you're thinking, I'm in no way suggesting that Obama is destined to be assassinated! He can't be, he wasn't elected on a year ending in zero! (It is my belief that Reagan broke that curse by escaping an assassination attempt, & then was gradually plagued with the foreshadowings of Alzheimer's; twenty years later, Bush would carry on the tradition of brain-dead presidents, a clever update on Tecumseh's Curse.) But there is a curious Lincoln-Kennedy-Obama Axis of Imagination & Gravity, as also evinced by the similarities in Lincoln & Obama's biographies. (Great article on that from the Fredericksburg Freelance-Star here.) Former California Republican Congressman Tom Campbell, whom I heard speak at U.C. Berkeley's International House last night, also pointed out that Kennedy had close political ties to a Chicago Mayor named Richard Daley, & now Obama has close political ties with a Chicago Mayor named Richard Daley. "Some things never change," said Campbell.

You might also want to peruse next August's Obama Babies for 2052's unlikely President.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a great look for you James

Brains said...

Is this the best IWL post yet? I think so.

"It was won, not It Was Lost," as Misti says.

S. Sandrigon said...

Gee thanks guys, I love when the comments section is full of compliments.
I actually haven't washed my cheeks since election night. I'm also offering a ¢10,ooo reward for identifying that girl.

S. Sandrigon said...

If you notice on that description of Tecumseh's Curse, every president who is elected on the year ending in zero not only dies in office, but is succeeded by the Vice President (even Reagan is followed by Bush Sr.) Would the 21st century version of the curse be that the brain-dead president is CONTROLLED by the Vice President?