February 05, 2009

ANNOUNCING: THE GREAT BULGARIAN CREPE-OFF


My first attempt at crepery transpired on a balmy afternoon in Essaouira when, presented with the idea by a friendly, albeit Canadian, French-Canadian, I said, "Yes."
I made many crepes that day and each one was declared to be superior to it's rival, born of experienced French-Canadian handi-work.
Upon my return to the USA, I passed through Bensonhurst and graced Ms. Grainne Proinseas with my newfound talent.
Today, in the grips of casual conversation, Grainne naively challenged me to a competition of crepes, a crepe-off, a "who-makes-the-better-crepe match"
If I hesitated to accept, it was only out of concern for my adversary.

and so,


SOMETIME IN JULY IN BULGARIA IN THE COMFORT OF JAMES QUILL'S APARTMENT, WE WILL SETTLE THIS MATTER ONCE AND FOR ALL


6 comments:

S. Sandrigon said...

I'll bet one thousand of Bulgaria's ridiculous worthly currency on this! I'll be one thousand on both competitors! One will win!

Anonymous said...

bring it, Olaf.

Brains said...

Can I come, too???? Mr Sandrigon, their exchange rate is locked to the euro's. Hope that Obama fixes our money.

Olaf Mary said...

y'all have no idea about how much bringing of it i will do

S. Sandrigon said...

I wouldn't mind bringing it on also. I won't make gay crepes, but I will also bring it.

Quill said...

I can't help but think that I benefit the most from this competition.